Investors should not base investment decisions on this website alone. Please refer to the Prospectus for details including the product features and the risk factors. Investment involves risks. There is no guarantee of the repayment of the principal. Investors should note:
- Global X Asia Innovator Active ETF’s (the “Fund’s”) investment in equity securities is subject to general market risks, whose value may fluctuate due to various factors, such as changes in investment sentiment, political and economic conditions and issuer-specific factors.
- The Fund may invest in small and/or mid-capitalisation companies. The stock of small-capitalisation and mid-capitalisation companies may have lower liquidity and their prices are more volatile to adverse economic developments than those of larger capitalisation companies in general.
- The Fund employs an actively managed investment strategy. The Fund does not seek to track any index or benchmark, and there is no replication or representative sampling conducted by the Manager. It may fail to meet its objective as a result of the Manager’s selection of investments, and/or the implementation of processes which may cause the Fund to underperform as compared to other index tracking funds with a similar objective.
- Due to the concentration of the Fund’s investments in companies involved in Innovative Business, which are characterised by relatively higher volatility in price performance when compared to other economic sectors, the performance of the Fund may be more volatile than that of a fund having a more diverse portfolio of investments. In addition, the performance of the Fund may be exposed to risks associated with different sectors and themes, including industrial, consumer discretionary, healthcare, biotech, financial, information technology, robotics and artificial intelligence, semiconductor, video games and e-sports as well as technology (such as internet, fintech, cloud, e-commerce and digital). Fluctuations in the business for companies in these sectors or themes will have an adverse impact on the net asset value of the Sub-Fund.
- Some Asian securities exchanges (including Mainland China) may have the right to suspend or limit trading in any security traded on the relevant exchange. The government or the regulators may also implement policies that may affect the financial markets. All these may have a negative impact on the Fund.
- The Fund invests in emerging markets which may involve increased risks and special considerations not typically associated with investment in more developed markets, such as liquidity risks, currency risks/control, political and economic uncertainties, legal and taxation risks, settlement risks, custody risk, currency devaluation, inflation and the likelihood of a high degree of volatility.
- The trading price of the Fund’s unit (the “Unit”) on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong is driven by market factors such as demand and supply of the Unit. Therefore, the Units may trade at a substantial premium or discount to the Fund’s net asset value.
- The Fund’s synthetic replication strategy will involve investing up to 50% of its net asset value in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”), mainly funded total return swap transaction(s) through one or more counterparty(ies). Risks associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. FDIs are susceptible to price fluctuations and higher volatility, and may have large bid and offer spreads and no active secondary markets. The leverage element/component of an FDI can result in a loss significantly greater than the amount invested in the FDI by the Sub-Fund.