Investors should not base investment decisions on this website/material alone. Please refer to the Prospectus for details including product features and the risk factors. Investment involves risks. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. There is no guarantee of the repayment of the principal. Investors should note:
- Global X Electric Vehicle and Battery Active ETF (the “Fund”) invests in equity to achieve long term capital growth by primarily investing in companies which are directly or indirectly involved in electric vehicle or electric vehicle-related battery businesses.
- The Fund employs an actively managed investment strategy and does not seek to track any index or benchmark. It may fail to meet its objective as a result of the Manager’s selection of investments, and/or the implementation of processes which may cause the Fund to underperform as compared to other index tracking funds with a similar objective.
- The Fund’s investments are concentrated in companies involved in the EV/Battery Business, which may experience relatively higher volatility in price performance when compared to other economic sectors. The value of the Fund may be more volatile than that of a fund having a more diverse portfolio of investments and may be more susceptible to adverse economic, political, policy, liquidity, tax, legal or regulatory event affecting the relevant sector.
- Electric vehicle companies and electric vehicle-related battery companies invest heavily in research and development which may not necessarily lead to commercially successful products. In addition, the prospects of electric vehicle companies and electric vehicle-related battery companies may be significantly impacted by technological changes, changing government regulations and intense competition from competitors.
- Investors should note that Unitholders will only receive distributions in USD and not HKD. In the event the relevant Unitholder has no USD account, the Unitholder may have to bear the fees and charges associated with the conversion of such distribution from USD into HKD or any other currency.
- Dividends may be paid from capital or effectively out of capital of the Fund, which may amount to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment and result in an immediate reduction in the Net Asset Value per Unit of the Fund.
- The trading price of the Fund unit (the “Unit”) on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong is driven by market factors such as demand and supply of the Unit. Therefore, the Units may trade at a substantial premium or discount to the Fund’s net asset value.
- The Fund’s synthetic replication strategy will involve investing up to 50% of its net asset value in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”), mainly funded total return swap transaction(s) through one or more counterparty(ies). Risks associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. FDIs are susceptible to price fluctuations and higher volatility, and may have large bid and offer spreads and no active secondary markets. The leverage element/component of an FDI can result in a loss significantly greater than the amount invested in the FDI by the Sub-Fund.