Investors should not base investment decisions on this website/material alone. Please refer to the Prospectus for details including product features and the risk factors. Investment involves risks. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. There is no guarantee of the repayment of the principal. Investors should note:
- Global X Metaverse Theme Active ETF (the “Fund”) invests in equity to achieve long term capital growth by primarily investing in companies which engage in activities relating to or provide products, services or technologies that enable the development and operation of the Metaverse.
- The Fund employs an actively managed investment strategy and does not seek to track any index or benchmark. It may fail to meet its objective as a result of the Manager’s selection of investments, and/or the implementation of processes which may cause the Fund to underperform as compared to other index tracking funds with a similar objective.
- The Fund’s investments are concentrated in companies involved in the Metaverse Business, which may experience relatively higher volatility in price performance when compared to other economic sectors.
- The Metaverse is a new theme. The values of the companies involved in the Metaverse Business may not be a direct reflection of their connection to the Metaverse, and may be based on other business operations. The Metaverse may not exist on a scale that provides identifiable economic benefit to many or all of the companies involved in the Metaverse Business.
- The performance of the Fund may be exposed to risks associated with different sectors and themes, including industrial, consumer discretionary, financial, information technology, robotics and artificial intelligence, semiconductor, video games and e-sports, communication services, entertainment as well as technology. Fluctuations in the business for companies in these sectors or themes will have an adverse impact on the Net Asset Value of the Fund.
- Investors should note that Unitholders will only receive distributions in USD and not HKD. In the event the relevant Unitholder has no USD account, the Unitholder may have to bear the fees and charges associated with the conversion of such distribution from USD into HKD or any other currency.
- Dividends may be paid from capital or effectively out of capital of the Fund, which may amount to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment and result in an immediate reduction in the Net Asset Value per Unit of the Fund.
- The trading price of the Fund unit (the “Unit”) on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong is driven by market factors such as demand and supply of the Unit. Therefore, the Units may trade at a substantial premium or discount to the Fund’s net asset value.
- The Fund’s synthetic replication strategy will involve investing up to 50% of its net asset value in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”), mainly funded total return swap transaction(s) through one or more counterparty(ies). Risks associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. FDIs are susceptible to price fluctuations and higher volatility, and may have large bid and offer spreads and no active secondary markets. The leverage element/component of an FDI can result in a loss significantly greater than the amount invested in the FDI by the Sub-Fund.