Investors should not base investment decisions on this website alone. Please refer to the Prospectus for details including the product features and the risk factors. Investment involves risks. There is no guarantee of the repayment of the principal. Investors should note:
- Global X Autonomous and Electric Vehicles ETF’s (the “Fund’s”) investment in equity securities is subject to general market risks, whose value may fluctuate due to various factors, such as changes in investment sentiment, political and economic conditions and issuer-specific factors.
- The fund may invest in small and/or mid-capitalisation companies. The stock of small-capitalisation and mid-capitalisation companies may have lower liquidity and their prices are more volatile to adverse economic developments than those of larger capitalisation companies in general.
- Companies in the electric vehicle and autonomous driving sectors may face intense competition which may have an adverse effect on profit margins and the prices of the securities of the companies. Their profitability is particularly vulnerable and susceptible to rapid changes in technology, rapid obsolescence of products and services, the loss or breach of intellectual property rights, government regulation, domestic and international competition, evolving industry standards, introduction of new product and service, fluctuations in supply and demand for their products and services and the company’s ability to manufacture electric vehicles, produce electric vehicle components and materials and develop autonomous vehicle technology on schedule to meet consumer demand.
- Companies in electric vehicle and autonomous driving industry may rely on significant spending on research and development and the businesses of companies with exposure to or investments in autonomous vehicle technology may be exposed to the risk of cybersecurity breaches, traffic accidents related to autonomous vehicles, and other issues that could result in increased regulation. Any errors or vulnerabilities that may be discovered in the products after release may adversely affect the business and operating results of such companies in the electric vehicle and autonomous driving sectors.
- Some securities exchanges may have the right to suspend or limit trading in any security traded on the relevant exchange. The government or the regulators may also implement policies that may affect the financial markets. Some markets may have higher entry barrier for investments as identification number or certificate may have to be obtained for securities trading. All these may have a negative impact on the Fund.
- The trading price of the Unit (the “Unit”) on the SEHK is driven by market factors such as demand and supply of the Unit. Therefore, the Units may be traded at a substantial premium or discount to the Fund’s net asset value.
- The Fund’s synthetic replication strategy will involve investing up to 50% of its net asset value in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”), mainly funded total return swap transaction(s) through one or more counterparty(ies). Risks associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. FDIs are susceptible to price fluctuations and higher volatility, and may have large bid and offer spreads and no active secondary markets. The leverage element/component of an FDI can result in a loss significantly greater than the amount invested in the FDI by the Sub-Fund.